Tuesday, March 24, 2009

She’s Dead. Wrapped in porcelain.

I’m beyond excited to be a part of Gallery 1988's Idiot Box, which celebrates the gallery’s 5th Anniversary as well as the 20th Anniversary of Saved by the Bell (holy cow, I’m old). Over 100 artists will be interpreting some of television’s guiltiest pleasures, and will be hosted by Dennis “Mr. Belding” Haskins.. hehe.

I couldn’t decide between my 2 favorite shows, so I decided to do a piece from both. First up, David Lynch’s Twin Peaks..

Laura Palmer, cast porcelain

The Black Lodge & Red Room, wood box, red velvet, under glass



4 comments:

tombyillustration.com said...

Whoa, that's amazing! I didn't know you did sculpture! Will there be more?!

kiersten essenpreis said...

thanks!
ive never worked w/ porcelain before, but this show gave me a good excuse to experiment with it..

i DEF have a long way to go b/c 7 other "Lauras" exploded in my kiln!!

ilana kohn said...

whooooa! huge surprise! you do sculpture! can't wait for more!

jashar said...

this is awesome! it's really exciting to see one of your works translated into sculpture.

'lauras exploding in your kiln' sounds very lynchian...